Monday 20 June 2011

Desires of the Dead Review

Desire of the Dead
By: Kimberly Derting
355 Pages
Published: February 15th 2011
4 Stars

Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life.

As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger


I really enjoyed Desires of the dead. I love the power that Violet has, it's one of the neatest ideas I have ever seen in a book. Desires of the dead is the 2nd book in the Bodyfinder series, and is about a girl named Vilet who was this morbid ability to find bodies that have been murdered. I thought this one was much better than the bodyfinder, I enjoyed the new characters, and the new plot line. Kimberly Derting's writing style is amazing, she managed to write a dark and suspenceful story that made keep guessing who the killer was. During the story I was convinced I knew who the killer was. I was wrong. She made the plot so well I had no clue who the killer could possibly be.

The idea of this series is great, but I feel she can expand the idea she has to make the story one of the best ever. There is just something missing from the book that could take it to the next level of awesome. Violet kind of bugged me in this one, Jay is now her boyfriend and when he makes friends with the new guy she doesn't like sharing Jay. She also over reacted to somethings that weren't that big of a deal, and she made them come between her and Jay's relationship.

I absolutly love the new character Rafe. Move over Jay theres a new boy in town. I dont know what Kimberly Derting has in store for Rafe but I am reakky interested in finding out what and if he h some special ability like Violet. I REALLy hope that there will be some kind of love trianlge because I like Rafe much better than Jay.

This book wsa really good, and it had a great mysterious, suspensful element to it that I loved. I would recommmend this book for anyon who is in for not your typical book. Or people who like me like creely morbid things :P

Cover: I really like the covers for this series, it's simple but really pretty at the same time. I like it a lot, with the whole flower them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts! :)