Friday 16 March 2012

Slide Review

Slide
Slide
Jill Hathaway
Balzar + Bray
March 27th 2012

Summary:

Vee Bell is certain of one irrefutable truth—her sister’s friend Sophie didn’t kill herself. She was murdered.

Vee knows this because she was there. Everyone believes Vee is narcoleptic, but she doesn’t actually fall asleep during these episodes: When she passes out, she slides into somebody else’s mind and experiences the world through that person’s eyes. She’s slid into her sister as she cheated on a math test, into a teacher sneaking a drink before class. She learned the worst about a supposed “friend” when she slid into her during a school dance. But nothing could have prepared Vee for what happens one October night when she slides into the mind of someone holding a bloody knife, standing over Sophie’s slashed body.

Vee desperately wishes she could share her secret, but who would believe her? It sounds so crazy that she can’t bring he herself to tell her best friend, Rollins, let alone the police. Even if she could confide in Rollins, he has been acting off lately, more distant, especially now that she’s been spending more time with Zane.

Enmeshed in a terrifying web of secrets, lies, and danger and with no one to turn to, Vee must find a way to unmask the killer before he or she strikes again

Review:

I was really interested in reading Slide when I first read the summary. A murder mystery story with a bit of paranormal thrown into the mix sounded fascinating and different. The good news is that this book did not let me down in any way and totally lived up to my expectations for it.

Everyone around Vee thinks that she has a sleeping disorder called narcolepsy, but really when she passes out she slides into someone else's body and sees thing through there eyes. The way this happens is when someone makes an emotion connection with an object, and when Vee touches that object she then slides. She trys to avoid touching things to avoid sliding making people believe she also has OCD. I loved Vee she is an awesome main character, she is unique, rebellious, independent character who has pink hair. I have never seen a character quite like her. There is a love triangle of sorts, though it isn't too obvious as seen in quite a lot of books these days. The only complaint I have about the romance is that Vee falls for the new kid, Zane, in less than a week and pays no attention in that field to the bestfriend who has stuck by her through her troubling times.

As to the mystery to this muder mystery, I think it was done brilliantly. Usually I'm am very good as guessing the final out come in the plot, but in this book I kept questioning everybody and changing who I thought the killer to be. She creates reasons into the plot as to why many different characters would have a reason to kill this girl Sophie and make it look like a suicide. Just when I had my final pick for the killer, I ended up being wrong. This is the way a mystery should be, I love being unable to guess and being completely surprised as the end. This is a first for me and I loved it, it shows that the author really planned out her book.

I really reccommend this book to fans who are trying to branch out of the paranormal genre but still want a small amount in their book, also to fans of murder mystery's of course. This book is a seriously amazing one that you won't want to miss, I hope you all love it as much as I did when you get your hands on a copy. I am unsure as to if this will be a series or a stand alone, it works well on it's own but I would really love this to be a series because I love Vee and her power and where it leads her and the situations it can get her in.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts! :)