Tuesday 14 June 2011

Entice Review

Entice
By: Carrie Jones
4 stars
264 Pages
Published in 2011

Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever.
But that's not quite how things have worked out.

For starters, well, Nick is dead.
Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla?

And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned...she's Astley's queen.


After Finishing Captivate I couldn't wait until I got my hands on Entice because I just loved the story that much. But reading Entice I found that most of the book was dragged out, and the ending was rushed. Carrie Jones could have finished the series her if she didn't drag it out to much. I never got bored by it, it was still enjyable to read. I really love the world on the need series, its a world where all types of fae and were's live together. Basically in the book Zara is try to get Nick back from the "Dead" and she isn't sure if he will accept her now that she has become a Pixie and Astley's Queen. And they have to prortect Bedford from the Pixies because there are killing teenagers.

Honestly I wanted Nick to stay dead so that he wouldnt come and ruin Astley's chances of being with Zara. I like Astley way moer than Nick and I think the series would continue just fine without him in the picture. Zara really got on my nerves in this one she wants to brong Nick back more than anything ans she will let other people risk there lives so that she can live happily ever after with Nick, never mind the supposed war that is coming. She says the reason they NEED Nick back is because he is the leader and the best warrior they have. But now that she is Queen she has a bunch of other Pixies at her disposal who surely can make up for the lose of beloved Nick.

Enough of the rant, now on to the things I enjoyed. Like I already said I enjoy Astley very much, and I also like the character Issie I think she is really cute and is brave because she is the only human in the group facing all these terrible things without some super power to protect her. I like it more that Zara is a Pixie because I think it just makes the books better, and it adds conflict between her relationship with Nick, and it also makes it more possible for her to end of with Astley :P The book had a lot of action which I enjoyed, and I liked the whole war aspect on the plot and how they have to protect their town from all the evil Pixies who are abducting teenage boys.
This book was really good I just had problems with Zara and obvious dragging out of the plot. There willl definetly be another one seeing how it ended. Go check it out :)

Cover: 4/5 I really like how all the books in this series have Pixie dust on them, I think it make them really pretty. I also like how Zara ( I think?) is blowing the dust out of her mouth, it looks really cool.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! I was kind of wanting Nick to say dead too :) Totally team Astley. This one wasn't as good as books 1 and 2 to me. But I still liked and I'm still a big fan of the series. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts! :)