Friday 17 June 2011

Once Every Never Review

Once Every Never
By: Lesley Livingston
302 pages
4 stars
Published on July 14th 2011

Clarinet Reid is a pretty typical teenager. On the surface. She’s smart, but a bit of slacker; outgoing, but just a little insecure; not exactly a mischief-maker… but trouble tends to find her wherever she goes. Also? She unwittingly carries a centuries-old Druid Blood Curse running through her veins.

Now, with a single thoughtless act, what started off as the Summer Vacation in Dullsville suddenly spirals into a deadly race to find a stolen artifact, avert an explosive catastrophe, save a Celtic warrior princess, right a dreadful wrong that happened centuries before Clare was even born, and if there’s still time—literally—maybe even get a date.

This is the kind of adventure that happens to a girl once every… never


Going into reading Once Every Never I was not familiar with Lesley Livingston's Writing style so I didn't quite know what to expect from this book. Once Every Never is about a girl named Clarinet Reid ( I know Wierd right?) who goes to stay with her aunt for the summer with her bestfriend Al because of an accident she had at home. In london she discovers she is able to travel 2000 years into the past when she touches certain historical item, this leads her into have to find a stolen artifact, and safe a princess.
Once Every Never was a little bit slow in the begining, but once it picked up, it picked up and made we not want to put it down I was quite intrigued by the mythology and andventure of the story. It drawed me in with Clare as she travels 1000's of years into the past, it had lots of twisted and turns that made it kind of addictive for the reader. I've never read anything like it, it was really good and 100% unique.
I disliked and like Clare I found her to be really humerous which I like, bt she was also a bit of a slacker and I didnt really enjoy that characterisic in the book. Lesley Livingston has great writing stlye, The only other thing I diliked about the book was it was slow and some points and I found it confusing at point and I had trouble remembering who was who because of the unusual names some of the craacters had.

Cover: 3/5, I can see how some people think that its pretty, but I don't. It's interesting sure, but I dont really know what the blue thing is.. But looking at the cover I would definately pick it up to see what it was about.

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a wonderful job with your site. :-) Definitely worth visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahh thanks so much :) I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts! :)