Saturday 1 October 2011

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss
Stephanie Perkins
Dutton Books

Summary:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irre...moreAnna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.



As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?
 
 
 
Review:
 
I really loved the setting of the book. Setting it in Paris is such a romantic setting and a great place to set a book where romance is one of the main points of the book. I really enjoyed Anna as a main character for the better part of the book, she's just your average teenage girl who loves to write movie review.( much like me but I do book reviews!) St.Clair is a very likable guy, but for me I didn't find him attractive, but Anna certainly did. I really like books where the romance isn't sudden and right in your face. The romantic relationship increases gradually throughout the book, and starts a friendship. I really admire the author for doing so in the book. Usually I don't like this genre of book, but I'm so glad that I read this one. It's mush more than a chic-lit. I think that it has a little bit of everything for everyone to enjoy even a little bit!
 
While the book was amazing, well written, and overall an excellent read filled with a steamy friendship to relationship romance it did have a few flaws. I really didn't like how suddenly Anna decided that her feeling for St.Clair were love, I knew it was coming but she changed her mind very suddenly. And when she does this she calls St.Clair by his first name, Etienne, which is really weird because for most of the book she calls him something different. If I were him I would suspect something was up because Anna is calling me by a different name than usual. Anna becomes really obsessive and bossy towards the end towards ``Etienne``. I really would have preferred if she stayed the same that she was but just changed her motives towards St.Clair.
 
This book is definitely worth checking out and doesn`t disappoint on all the hype that it has. I can`t wait to read Lola and the boy next book, if it`s supposed to be better than Anna then I know I am going to love it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts! :)