Wednesday 5 October 2011

Carrier of the Mark

Carrier of the Mark
Carrier of the Mark
Leigh Fallon
Harpercollins
October 4th 2011

Summary:

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRĂ­s.
But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

Review:

I really thought that I was going to like this book.. but I really didn't. It had everything I usually like in a book romance, action, and a paranormal aspect to it. It probaly would have been a good book if it was exicuted better!

The romance starts literally on the 5th page of the book, when the main character is struck my Adam's beauty. She falls in love with him before they even know eachother, and they kiss like long time lovers for their first kiss when they are still unfamilular with eachother. Then Adam brings Megan into his family, where shes learns the mystery behind the DeRis's. I did enjoy the setting being set in Ireland, but the author could have done so much more with it then what she did. The Paranormal part of the book is nothing spetacular that we all havn't seen before, in fact it's kind of not very interesting. The only thing that made it even a little bit interesting to read was learning about the Carrier of the marks, you have to actually read the book becasue I don;t want to spoil anyone of your still interested in reading this book. Basically this book is just like everyother Paranormal YA book, but unlike some this one just didn't work out very well on paper. This took me a long time to finsh, and when I did I really was not satisfied in it at all.

I wouldn't reccomend this book to anyone, but if your interested in this book then go ahead and read it, it's been getting pretty good reviews. But sadly I can't give this book a good review, this wasn't a good debut novel. I'm not sure if I'll continue this series or not.









7 comments:

  1. That's odd! You're the first to not like the book as much as everyone else! I thought it'd be pretty cool cause of the Irish setting and all, but.. it kind of DOES looks like a downer.

    I'm going to borrow it from my friend to try it though, just to make sure!

    Awesome review, girl! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find the concept of this book interesting, and the Irish setting sounds cool. Bummer that it didn't work for you. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe! now i'm sad! I thought it was gonna be awesome! bummer. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of wish I had put off ordering this and just waited until it came to my library... -.- I haven't read it yet, but romance so early in... I dunno about that. :O Nice to see your honest review though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading is so subjective and I have had that happen where I will be anticipating a read and when it comes I just cannot get into it. I hate it when that happens :( I would still like to try this one, as the premise has me intrigued, hopefully I will win a copy, because at this point my shekels are too dear to hop over and spend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lame, I really quite like the cover of this one and was thinking about giving it a go but if I do I think it'll have to be a library loan! Really not a fan of the 'instant all consuming love!' in stories, I find it a bit lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hayley, I feel exactly the same way! I didn't like the book either. i don't even know if I should write a review if I have nothing good to say about it. It's just so disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts! :)