Thursday 15 August 2013

All Our Yesterdays Review

All Our Yesterdays
Title: All Our Yesterdays
Author: Cristin Terrill
Release Date: September 3rd 2013
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Source: ARC for review
Rating: 3/5

"You have to kill him." Imprisoned in the heart of a secret military base, Em has nothing except the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain.

Only Em can complete the final instruction. She’s tried everything to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present—imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside.

Marina has loved her best friend James since the day he moved next door when they were children. A gorgeous, introverted science prodigy from one of America’s most famous families, James finally seems to be seeing Marina in a new way, too. But on one disastrous night, James’s life crumbles apart, and with it, Marina’s hopes for their future. Now someone is trying to kill him. Marina will protect James, no matter what. Even if it means opening her eyes to a truth so terrible that she may not survive it. At least not as the girl she once was. 


Review:

After everyone and their mother was raving about All Our Yesterday's I was excited to read it to say the least. I think the main reason I didn't absoleutly love this book to be honest is because of all the amazing things being said about it, because of this I set my standards a little too high. But I still found All Our Yesterday's to be an enjoyable read with a less confusing and more dynamic take on time travel.

I think this aspects of All Our Yesterday's that I enjoyed the most is the more scientific take on time travel, it really makes you believe that is could be possible some day, and how Cristin Terrill gave readers an insight into how that what the main character became and who she was in the past. Both aspects were really well written and backed up and made for an enjoyable read.

I can't really pin point why I didn't love All Our Yesterday's more than I did, everything from the writing to the character development was extremely well done so I have nothing negative to say about it. Mostly again I would say its because all the hype surrounding it and I was let down a bit and I didn't absolutely love the plot of the story.

I would still strongly recommend this book to everyone, it is a fantastic novel that I'm sure will appeal to many. It's definitely a book with very few flaws, All Our Yesterday's is an all around great book.
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many AMAZING things about this one. I'll try to lower my expectations a bit since it sounds like it was a problem for you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts! :)