Saturday 3 September 2011

Bloodlines

                                        

                                                               Bloodlines
                                                                  Richelle Mead
Bloodlines
Razorbill
421 Pages
August 25 2011

Summary:

BLOOD DOESN'T LIE. Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...

Review:

Wow! I absolutely loved this book, it was just as good as The Vampire Academy. Let me just start off by says you don't have to have read Vampire Academy in order to read Bloodlines. But I would suggest it just so that you know some of the characters and understand the world Richelle Mead has created. There are also a few spoiler for Vampire Academy.

Sydney was a create voice for a story to be told from, going into it I thought she wouldn't and I would be wanting Rose back. I was wrong! Sydney is different from Rose, where Rose is touch and kick-ass Sydney is smart and thinks things through. I really enjoyed how me got to know some of the lesser character such as Jill, Eddie, and Sydney. They are all great characters that didn't play a huge part in VA. Getting inside an Alchemists head and learning more about who and what they do was also really interesting. One of the main reasons I wanted to read Bloodlines other than Richelle Mead being one of my favourite authors was that Adrian would be one of the main characters. I love Adrian and I can't get enough of him!

Bloodlines is very different in terms of the main focus on the `bad guys`` in VA its was the strigoi. In Bloodlines they are still considered a threat but there is also others not mentioned in VA, that I can`t talk about more without spoiling. Richelle Mead is an amazing author that everyone should at least try sometimes in there life if they have not already. All her books have a great flow, great character development, and fantastic writing. There is no love interest for Sydney... yet, but I can see where one might start in the next in the series. And I can`t wait to see that!

Definitely give the Vampire Academy series a try or Bloodlines I can promise that you won`t be disappointed. Just a heads up if you starting the vampire academy series have the next one on hand especially for Shadow Kiss, Richelle Mead has cliffhangers that making you want you want to die if you don`t have the next in the series (Bloodlines is no exception) .

In case you didn`t guess I give this book 5/5 stars :D


2 comments:

  1. I loved the book too, I thought I would be sad but I really enjoyed seeing through Sydney's eyes. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. Awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I thought I would miss Rose as well (on some level I guess I did) but it was nice to see through Sydney eyes and learn about the alchemist.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts! :)